Military Benefits

Do you have questions about applying for GI Bill benefits or transferring your military credits? This page can answer some of your big questions.


Getting Started: 3 Initial Steps

Apply to Trinity:

In addition to filling out the application, provide your transcripts and test scores as needed, and your Joint Services Transcript (JST) for credits you might have earned while in the service.

Get your GI Bill Benefits:

Apply Here for your education benefits.

Talk to Trinity’s VA Certifying Official

Contact Nicole Kelleher, at [email protected] or 847-317-7061.


Military FAQs

Can I get credit for my military experience or military courses?

To determine which credits transfer, have your official Joint Services Transcript (JST) sent directly to Trinity.

Can I use military benefits as a non-degree seeking student?

You must be a degree-seeking student to receive military benefits at TIU.

What Chapters are certified through Trinity?

Chapter 33- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Most Common)

Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill (Active Duty)

Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependents Assistance

Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserves

Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship)

Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits

Tuition Assistance Benefits

How do I know what military benefits I’m eligible for?

Certificate of Eligibility letters are issued to students directly from the VA. Apply Here.

Military Tuition Assistance program applications can be found here:

Air Force
Marine Corps
Coast Guard


Nicole Kelleher, VA Certifying Official at Trinity International University: [email protected], 847-317-7061

Department of Veteran’s Affairs: 888-442-4551, call between 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Central Time M-F; Overseas Number: 001-918-781-5678