Apply for Financial Aid
It is never too early to start looking for financial aid.
High school juniors and seniors are encouraged to research possible outside sources of financial aid, attend college fairs and financial aid information sessions in your community, ask questions and learn all you can about the financial aid process.
How to Apply:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1.
- Trinity International University school code: 001772
- Review and Return your Award Letter. You may accept or reject any portion of the financial aid offer by circling (A) for accept or (R) for reject. Please return your award letter stating your intention to our office within 30 days of receipt.
- Complete a Direct Master Promissory Note. If this is the first time you are requesting a Direct Loan while at Trinity, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note.
- Complete Direct/Perkins Loan Entrance Counseling. Before a Direct or Perkins loan can be applied to your student account, federal regulations require that you complete entrance counseling online through Direct and Perkins processes. Entrance Counseling provides information about how to manage your student loans both during and after college
What is the FAFSA?
Earliest date to submit the FAFSA. You may estimate your income on the FAFSA before filing your tax return. You simply need to adjust the income information once your taxes are filed.
A FAFSA must be submitted for eligibility to be determined for the State of IL MAP Grant. Since there is a finite amount of grant money, we recommend submitting your FAFSA as close to October 1 as possible.
No later than April 1:
Submit the FAFSA to receive priority consideration for Trinity financial aid
Do you have questions about completing the FAFSA? You can contact our student financial services team any time at [email protected] with any questions you may have.