Discover the practice of servant leadership
in the classroom and apply what you’ve learned through campus leadership and beyond. This selective, one-year program will help cultivate your unique voice and the skills needed to influence others with Christ-centered values.
- Learn principles and practices of distinctively Christian leadership
- Strengthen transferable leadership skills that you can use in every place God sends you
- Be personally invested in by upperclassmen
- Get plugged into Trinity’s thriving leadership culture
- Earn 3 academic credits over the course of the year
- Represent Trinity by partnering in service with other leaders and promoting the values of the university
- Receive a renewable scholarship after maintaining a 2.5 GPA throughout the year
- Weekly class: You’ll be taught principles of Servant Leadership
- Weekly small group: You’ll grow together as a team and apply leadership principles to your unique giftings and contexts
- Service opportunities: You’ll offer hospitality to campus guests and the larger Trinity community
- Leadership events: You’ll put leadership principles into practice each semester, helping to host a dance for young people with special needs and a leadership conference for high school students
How to Apply
Explore other leadership development opportunities at Trinity:360 Leadership Institute This 2-week leadership institute is a transformational experience for rising high school juniors and seniors, showing them how to dig deeper into their faith, own it, and learn how to live it out in every area of life.
Will the time commitment be too much for new students?
The Emerging Leaders class is a one credit academic course the first semester (LR 173) and a two credit academic course the second semester (LR 174). This course not only provides a community for students to thrive in but also teaches them to manage their time well. Year after year, Emerging Leaders helps students excel during their first year at Trinity.
Can athletes participate?
Yes! We partner with the athletic coaches and the academic dean to ensure athletes can also participate in this program. We will discuss this during an applicant’s interview. It will require intentional time management to do both, but we have found that the program uniquely equips student athletes for leadership on their teams. Also, being a part of Emerging Leaders provides student athletes with another community on campus.
When do students in the Emerging Leaders program move to campus?
Students selected for the program participate in the annual Student Leadership Training for all student leaders at Trinity. Therefore, these students will move onto campus 3 days before other new students come to campus for New Student Orientation in the fall!
For more information about the program, get in touch!
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (847) 317-7031