Emerging Kingdom Leaders
Emerging Kingdom Leaders (EKL)
Grateful stewards of the opportunity to learn, grow, and serve, Emerging Kingdom Leaders (EKL) is a selective program for freshmen at Trinity College. The program is designed to give students the opportunity to experience life as a student leader from the first moment they arrive on campus. Students spend the year learning foundational principles and practices of Christian leadership and group dynamics, and then have the opportunity to apply those skills by planning an annual leadership conference for high school students.
About the Program
- Learn principles and practices of group dynamics and distinctively Christian leadership
- Strengthen transferable leadership skills that you will use for a lifetime
- Be personally invested in by upperclassmen mentors
- Get plugged into Trinity’s thriving leadership culture
- Plan and execute a leadership conference for high school students
- Earn academic credit
- Represent Trinity College in partnership with recruitment efforts
Spots are filling up fast!
Early Priority Date: April 1st
Freshmen accepted into the EKL program who meet the following requirements can receive a $1,000 scholarship:
- Acceptance into the EKL program
- Commit to 1-2 hours a week outside of the regular course requirements to share the value of Trinity with others
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA throughout the year
Students may apply each year to renew this scholarship.
How to Apply
- Three character references
- 2.5 GPA
- Resume with extracurricular commitment/evidence of desire to influence the Kingdom
- Enroll in LR 173 (1 credit) and LR 174 (2 credits) Emerging Leaders course at Trinity College
Will the time commitment be too much for incoming freshman?
The EKL staff understands how critical it is for students to start off on the right foot academically. The program is designed to be about 2-3 hours a week, making plenty of time for students to attend to their academic studies.
Can athletes participate?
Possibly. If you are planning to participate in an intercollegiate sport at Trinity, please contact Ethan Carlson (847-317-7075 or email@example.com) before applying to EKL. As a student athlete, you may not be able to participate in the EKL program due to conflicts with practices and games, but the university will do all it can to make arrangements when possible.
When do students who are part of the EKL program move to campus?
Students selected for the program will move to campus one week earlier than other freshman at the start of fall semester. As a member of the EKL program, students are invited to participate in the annual Student Leadership Retreat for all student leaders at TIU, which takes place during the week before New Student Orientation.
For more information about the program, get in touch!
Phone: (847) 317-7032