Emerging Kingdom Leaders
Emerging Kingdom Leaders (EKL)
is a program for incoming freshman at Trinity International University. Each year 25 students are chosen to join the Emerging Kingdom Leaders program. It is designed to give students an opportunity to experience life as a student leader from the very beginning of their time at Trinity, while learning foundational principles and practices of Christian leadership along the way. If you have been involved in leadership activities in your High School or Youth Group, we would love to talk to you about the program.
About the Program
- EKL Sessions. Weekly sessions include leadership instruction, small group discussion and prayer, and planning.
- All-Student Leadership Sessions. Regular sessions for all Trinity student leaders include Kingdom Leadership sessions and Lessons in Leadership series.
- Leadership Job Shadowing. Through a series of observations and interviews with current staff and student leaders, students learn about leadership from a variety of perspectives and explore many of the avenues of future leadership available to them at Trinity.
- Learn principles and practices of distinctively Christian leadership
- Strengthen transferable leadership skills that you will use for a lifetime
- Be personally invested in by upperclassmen leaders
- Get plugged in to Trinity’s thriving leadership culture
Spots are filling up fast!
Notification of Early Acceptance: March 3
Notification of Final Acceptance: June 15
How many students are chosen?
25 students are chosen for the EKL program each year.
Will the time commitment be too much for incoming freshman?
The EKL staff understands how critical it is for students to start off on the right foot academically. The program is designed to be about 2-3 hours a week, making plenty of time for students to attend to their academic studies.
Can athletes participate?
Student-athletes are encouraged to apply. Athletics requires a strong commitment of time, but we will to work with the student and the coaches so that student-athletes can be a part of the program.
When do students who are part of the EKL program move to campus?
Students selected for the program will move to campus one week earlier than other freshman at the start of fall semester. As a member of the EKL program, students are invited to participate in the annual Student Leadership Retreat for all student leaders at TIU, which takes place during the week before New Student Orientation.
For more information about the program, get in touch!
Phone: (847) 317-7032