TIU wants every student to be covered as you transition into this new community. We provide quality health insurance for students who need it. Our Student Health Plan is through AIP Insurance.
If you already have health coverage through your parents or outside of TIU, please provide proof of your insurance coverage on your registration form.
If you desire to purchase health insurance through TIU, learn more about rates, FAQs and how to enroll, below.
The insurance plan offered is similar to a standard PPO. This plan has a deductible of $300.00 per person per condition for the first 2 conditions (the deductible stops at 1 condition, then resets with a second condition). Once the deductible is met, insurance pays 90% of the negotiated charge up to a maximum of $100,000 per policy year. The student would be responsible for the remaining 10% of expenses and certain copays.
AIP offers a standard network of Preferred Providers (in-network doctors) across the U.S. through www.FirstHealth.com from which the student may choose. Students may also choose non-preferred providers (out-of-network doctors) for reduced coverage.
|What is the cost for coverage?|
|Student Cost Per Annual/fall Term||$1,808 / $753.34|
|Spouse Cost||$6,438 / $2,682.5|
|Per Child Cost||$2,983 / $1,242.92|
Any student registered in a program at Trinity is eligible to enroll. Coverage is available for spouses and dependents as well.
NOTE: All international students on a F-1 or J-1 visa must provide proof of insurance coverage.
Complete this form indicating the plan you prefer.
The deadline has passed for the Fall 2013 semester. Stay tuned for updates regarding the next enrollment window!
We allow students a full refund if coverage is dropped on or before the dates above. The fall plan period is August 1 to December 31. The spring plan period is January 1 to July 31.
The doctors office or hospital will submit the bills directly to AIP Insurance, provided you show proof of insurance. AIP will send you an Explanation of Benefits, indicating the remaining amount you owe.
Learn more about TIU health insurance at www.tiuinsurance.com
Contact your admissions counselor.